Skip to main content
Macdonald DeWitt Library at SUNY Ulster
Course Reserves items are resources that professors have placed on hold for their class to use.
Search the Course Reserves:
What's on Closed Reserve at the library?
What kind of material is on reserve?
- The reserve collection includes books, videos, CDs, and any other materials an instructor has requested to be set aside for class use.
Are all course textbooks on reserve?
- No. Textbooks are provided and placed on reserve by the faculty.
- You can check to see if your textbook is on reserve using the "Search Course Reserves" box on this page or browse this list of what is currently on Reserve.
Where are reserve items located?
- All Closed Reserve material is located behind the Circulation Desk.
How do I borrow reserves material?
- Request Closed Reserve materials by title and present your SUNY Ulster ID.
Is there a limit to how many reserves items I may borrow?
- We ask that you borrow only one item at a time to keep as much available to other students as possible during busy times.
How long may I borrow reserve material?
- Generally, course reserve material does not leave the library and is due back before the library closes. This shortened time limit is to give everyone in the class a chance to use the materials.
- Some materials may circulate for longer periods; check with the Circulation Desk for specific details.
May I "reserve" a Course Reserves item?
- No, reserves are available on a first come, first served basis.