Skip to main content
Macdonald DeWitt Library at SUNY Ulster
What's on Closed Reserve at the library?
What kind of material is on reserve?
- The reserve collection includes books, videos, CDs, and any other materials an instructor has requested to be set aside for class use.
Are all course textbooks on reserve?
- No. Textbooks are provided and placed on reserve by the faculty.
- We do not have any Math textbooks on reserve.
Where are reserve items located?
- All Closed Reserve material is located behind the Circulation Desk.
How do I borrow reserves material?
- Request Closed Reserve materials by title and present your SUNY Ulster ID.
Is there a limit to how many reserves items I may borrow?
- We ask that you borrow only one item at a time to keep as much available to other students as possible during busy times.
How long may I borrow reserve material?
- Generally, course reserve material does not leave the library and is due back before the library closes. This shortened time limit is to give everyone in the class a chance to use the materials.
- Some materials may circulate for longer periods; check with the Circulation Desk for specific details.
May I "reserve" a Course Reserves item?
- No, reserves are available on a first come, first served basis.